Hi beauty queens, today it’s about body butter bars. I’ve seen it around, and even did a couple of time before but never really documented it. So this time I’ve decided to record the whole process and share it with you.
These little cute body butter bars are so easy to make and so simple and convenient to use. Also if you make a big batch of it they are perfect for a little gift.
I really love using it right after the shower to nourish my skin. And it may sound a bit unusual but I find them really great for using after shaving legs. Yes, this sounds weird but the skin remains so soft and smooth afterwards. Also they are great moisturizers for dry skin, and for eczema.
The cocoa butter in it has many healing properties, the shea butter is of course a great multipurpose moisturizer and softener for the skin. Then essential oils that I choose to add are known to be really great for the skin to improve the ton and keep it nice and beautiful. And all together it smells just like delight that you can find in turkish shop.
Even though they look solid at the end but these bars are literally melting on your skin once you use it.
You can check my video tutorial on how to make it or skip it and read.
You will need:
- 30 g unrefined shea butter
- 70 g cocoa butter
- 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 10 drops of geranium essential oil
- food scale, double boiler, silicon spatula, silicon molds, 2 cups to place butter for measuring the weight.
How to make it:
- Once the water is boiling place into a bain-marie pan (or glass jar) cocoa butter first and place it into the pen with boiling water, let it melt
- Once the cocoa butter is melted add shea butter, wait a little bit until it nearly melted and turn the heat off
- Once all is melted take it off the pan, let it cook a few minutes, add essential oils and stir with silicon spatula
- Pour the liquid into silicon molds and let it solidify, either keep in a cool room or you can place it into the fridge for 30 mins
- Take body butter bars out from the mold, and use it. You can always keep the rest of the bars in glass jar for later use. Store in a cool dark place.
Hope you’ll like it and find them as cute I do.