Hi beauties! Recently I had a conversation with my dearest friend Natali, who is sharing my passion towards all natural products and loves her DIY beauty routine. She was very passionate about her home-made cream and the results she was receiving so I asked her to share with me the recipe. And here it is, directly from her e-mail to me:
Natural nourishing cream by Natali
This natural nourishing cream has the ability to smooth the wrinkles, make the face-lift effect, extend youth, saturate skin with effective micro-elements and vitaminize the skin as well. This cream can be a great fit for face massage.
This nourishing cream is quite fatty, that’s why the best time for using it is evening. If you find 5-7 minutes in day and dedicate this time only to yourself, using this cream with massage movements on face, you will see how your skin transforms in just a few weeks.
You need to put the cream on clean skin. Better do it after shower. The surplus of cream is better to remove from face with paper napkin after 15-20 minutes.
- Olive oil – 40 ml;
- Cocoa butter – 15 g (or half of heaped table-spoon);
- Coconut butter -15 g;
- Bee wax – 5-10 g (or one tea-spoon). Always choose the natural organic beeswax
- Shea butter – 10-15 g;
- Vitamin E -10 drops (Go to the pharmacy and look for Vitamin E in a liquid state);
- Essential oil of bergamot or lavender 5-6 drops (if your choice is bergamot make sure you don’t go under direct sunlight for the following 12 hours, unless you use a bergapten-free bergamot essential oil)
- Warm distilled boiled water – 10 g.
Recipe step by step:
1. For preparing cream you need simple bain-marie method. Pour the water into saucepan, than wait while it begin to boil. Put the bowl on the top of saucepan, where you need to prepare the cream, mixing ingredients.
2. Melt the beeswax first in the bowl.
3. Once the beeswax is melted add cocoa butter (15 g) and coconut oil (15 g). Let it melt.
4. Than add shea butter (15 g). It melts quickly. Since olden times women considered shea butter as sacral product of Karite (Shea tree), which gives eternal youth.
5. Once all ingredients are melted add olive oil and stir carefully with glass or wooden stick.
6. When all ingredients are already mixed, leave this blend for 3-4 minutes for getting cold.
7. Then add vitamin E (10 drops) and essential oil of bergamot or lavender (5-6 drops, on your choice).
8. Then take your kitchen mixer (I use the simple mixer) and beat carefully your oil blend, slowly adding warm water (10 g). Water will make the cream in a lighter consistency. Add the water slowly, with small portions – its important.
9. In first 5 minutes the future cream looks like liquid, but after 10-15 it become thick.
10. Store the cream in a fridge.
Note: this cream is made from all natural ingredients and does not contain any preservative, therefor it should be used fast within 2 weeks period.